In-Home Physio SA founder Wenika’s philosophy is to create a healthy home environment, using evidence-based practice.
She believes restorative care won’t be successful without teamwork, and works collaboratively with senior clients, relatives, government organisations and other healthcare professionals to help people access the services and treatment they need.
The seven core beliefs and goals:
- To treat others as she herself would wish to be treated.
- To understand the client and their condition.
- To listen to people.
- To respond to the physical, emotional and mental needs of clients and their families.
- To see the person rather than the illness.
- To empower clients through knowledge, by clearly explaining the situation. “When someone understands what is happening to their bodies, they become less afraid and it can reduce anger they may hold towards other health professionals,” Wenika said. “An empowered client is more likely to co-operate in their own rehabilitation and be more optimistic about the future.”
- To create a healthy environment in their own homes, so clients can be confident, enjoy life and, therefore, speed up their recovery